Our Privacy Commitment to our Clients
At Robert Q, an important part of our commitment to provide you with service excellence is our respect for your right to privacy.
For over 30 years, we have been protecting your personal information and the business you do with us in strict confidence. The range of products and services we offer our clients/customers continues to expand, and the technology we use continues to change. But no matter how our business changes, we will always protect your privacy.
Protecting Your Privacy Means:
- We respect your privacy when we market our products and services
- We will not collect your personal information such as your name, e-mail and mailing address and telephone number without your consent.
- We will not disclose your personal information without your consent, unless we are authorized to do so by law or we are required to do so when negotiating with third parties.
- Your information is not sold.
- You have control over how we obtain, use and give out information about you.
- You have access to the information we have about you, and you can correct the information we have about you.
- We will take reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal information we collect from you.
Where and why we collect your personal information
To meet your needs and serve you well, we need to know some personal information about you, such as your:
- Home contact information or address
- Alternative contact phone number
- Preferred language of correspondence
- Date of Birth
- Membership number
- Credit card number and expiration date
- Passport number
- Email address
- Your travel preferences such as seating, meal preference, smoking
- Medical history and/or beneficiary for insurance coverage
We may collect, use and disclose personal information from you and about you for the following purposes:
- Establish your identification
- Understand your needs
- Recommend particular products and services that meet your needs
- Provide ongoing service
- Offer other products that are suitable to you
- Maintain your records
- Send you appropriate marketing communications
- Provide customer services
- Administer contests or promotions
- Comply with legal requirements and protect you and us from error and fraud
- To send you, our client, newsletters, calendars, and invitations to our events.
We may share your personal information with outside service providers such as airlines, travel wholesalers and insurance companies. When we contract our suppliers to provide specialized services, they are given only the information necessary to perform those services, and they are required to protect the privacy and security of your information.
If you would like to join our mailing list and be informed of seat sales, last minute vacations and other promotional offers, we ask for your name, address, phone number and email address. We use this information to communicate to you via email. You can take your name off our mailing lists at any time.
We also collect information from you and about you through our website. For a more detailed explanation on how we collect, use and disclose your personal information obtained through our website, please refer to Our Website and Your Privacy statement on our website.
You can make travel arrangements and purchase other services by contacting our travel consultants, visiting our office, contacting us by email or visiting our website.
We have appointed a Privacy Officer to oversee all aspects of this policy, and we encourage you to contact this person if you have any questions or concerns.
If we have collected personal information about you, you can be assured that:
- We maintain security systems to safeguard your personal information that we collect and retain.
- If you provide us with written notice, we will provide access to your personal information, except as otherwise provided by law.
- you can challenge the accuracy and completeness of the personal information we retain by contacting our Privacy Officer. We rely on you to keep us up-to-date on personal information changes.
- We will change any personal information, if required, except as otherwise provided by law.
- You may withdraw your consent to allow us to collect, use and disclose your personal information. You should know that if you refuse or withdraw your consent, we might not be able to provide or continue to provide you with some products, services or information valuable to you.
Questions or Concerns
Questions or concerns about personal information held by us can be answered by our staff or by our Privacy Officer, who can be reached at 519-672-9020. However, if you are not satisfied with our response to a privacy related inquiry or complaint, you may contact the Privacy Commissioner.
We do not sell or otherwise market your personal information to third parties.